Truevo Payments in Malta is looking to recruit a Fraud Analyst
to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Monitor client performance against Fraud, Card scheme requirements, internal thresholds, AML & CFT regulations;
- Review of Transactions Monitoring alerts to flag or identify suspicious activity outside the normal pattern and activity;
- Investigate and take immediate action on alerts, notifications, and reporting to ensure compliance at all times;
- Maintain all investigation records and case outcomes;
- Reviewing Fraud and Chargeback levels as per internal accepted levels and as per card scheme regulations;
- Notify customers of potential breaches and make sure all necessary action is taken;
- Documentation of tasks performed and any training material available;
- Explore new ways that can help improve existing fraud strategies;
- Work with other departments where necessary to ensure that proper action is taken followed for the respective client;
- Analysing all merchant balances and performance before authorising merchant payouts;
- Assisting/Substituting peers as considered necessary.
Truevo Payments is a licensed Financial Institution with full Visa & MasterCard membership. We offer a range of payment services across multiple channels. Our solutions are tailored to businesses of all sizes, who are looking to reach, engage and transact with consumers wherever they are, on whatever device they may be using. Some of our core services include e-commerce, mobile point-of-sale, virtual point-of-sale and original credit transaction.
- Preferably a degree or diploma in Banking & Finance, Statistics or related discipline;
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years experience in Fraud / Transaction / AML monitoring and investigation;
- Possess strong analytical skills;
- Objective approach to be able to exercise independent judgement, express opinions and make recommendations with impartiality;
- Capable of working on your own initiative;
- Comfortable when working with high volumes of transactions;
- Team player and willing to collaborate;
- Organised, diligent and attentive to detail;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Have a drive to ensure continuous process improvement;
- Can do attitude, enthusiastic and ambitious;
- Fluent in written and spoken English.