Paragon Europe, Malta is looking to recruit Stores Manager
on a full-time basis. The Stores Manager
will report to the Director and Financial Controller.
A typical day might include:
You are good at:
- Completing store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and eventually follow up on results
- Maintaining the store’s headcount by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
- Foreseeing the store’s team job results by coaching, counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
- Annual budgeting; schedule expenditures; evaluate variances and initiate corrective actions
- Ensuring the availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories by implementing purchasing plans and staying in contact with vendors and shippers; setting up and maintain minimums and maximum levels of stock
- Identifying current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Implementing security systems and measures
- Maintaining the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Maintaining operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Provide training to staff and utilize cross-training
- Managing costs
- Using the internal ERP system for data inputting, issuing reports
- Analyzing trends to facilitate planning
- Dealing with employees and recruiting, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organizing training and development
- Updating colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
- Being aware of market trends in the retail industry
- Being aware of any health and safety issues and understanding appropriately ergonomic techniques
- Attending the training provided by the Company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly
- Maintaining customer’s trust relationship and confidentiality
- Following all the company’s procedures and protocols.
You also possess:
- The English language and preferable also Maltese, both written and oral
- Being organised, working independently and in a team and able to prioritise your workload
- Strong customer services practices and skills
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
- Following directions and company strategy
- A clear communicator and an active listener.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role preferably within the manufacturing industry and retail services
- Strong proficiency with the Internet, Microsoft Office and electronic devices
- A valid driving licence.
Paragon Europe is an equal opportunities employer.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory and compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more. We assist these organisations with the sourcing and implementation of EU funded projects and tailor our services to each individual requirement ensuring positive results every time. Besides advising public and private organisations on EU funding, Paragon staff also assist good organisations to become great through business and financial advice.