Air Dice Services Malta Ltd
Role: Systems Engineer/Administrator
Company: Air Dice Services Malta Ltd
Location: Mosta, Malta. Position
Type: Intern and/or Graduate
NOTE: This position is available for either Interns or Post Graduates. We are recruiting for Interns for 2024 or Post Graduates for immediate start, we are always looking to expand and improve our teams!
Air Dice is a leading developer of highly entertaining money games, combining new content and visual excellence with the traditional thrill of money gaming. Air Dice was born from the realization that traditional money games played over the internet have reached commercial maturity, and new directions are needed to ensure growth.
Since its establishment, Air Dice have gone from strength to strength and are on a swift growth trajectory made possible through a strong fun-loving culture focused on innovation, creativity, quality and technology leadership.
Air Dice’s mission is to provide the gaming community with novel game ideas that offer players much more than the current generation money games do.
Air Dice is expanding its operations in Malta, to license and supply gambling game services to casino operators licensed in Malta and elsewhere.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Acquire and manage servers and such hardware, set up networking and virtualisation
• Deploy, monitor, and manage our gaming-related applications and services
• Deploy and administrate our internal IT systems (Email, GIT, JIRA, Nextcloud & MatterMost etc)
• Provide the technical support required by our business customers (external and internal) for those applications and services
• Perform security and backup-related tasks, including disaster response and recovery
• Automate all of the above, and make life better!
Some desirable skills are listed below - Don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes, we are a supportive business and will provide suitable training as required. We are placing emphasis on finding that individual who possesses the right attitude and a proven ability to learn and develop at work.
• Experience in multi-site working environments
• Excellent communication skills, both in person and remote
• A can-do, will deliver mindset and attitude
• Great organisational and communication skills
• Inquisitive nature, driving lifelong learning
• Management of proprietary production systems, relational databases, and Linux servers
• Information security best practices
• Experience in networking, network technologies and services
• Experience in automation, integrations, virtualisation (eager to coordinate development of the above)
• Database Replication and Clustering
• Awareness of ISO 27001
In addition, if you possess a working knowledge of the following, then that's a bonus:
• Apache web server
• Apache Tomcat application server
• Linux servers and networking
• Virtualisation technology including: LXD, LXC and HYPER-V
• Databases, particularly Postgresql
• Network Infrastructure: DNS, DHCP
• Backup and Recovery
To compliment this, you are able to work fully remote or fully site based at our cosy office in Mosta.
In addition, you will also receive,
• Monday To Friday (40 hours working week)
• 20 days (+ 8 bank holidays) annual leave entitlement
If you feel like this opportunity interests you and you feel you could make an impact or difference in our business please get in touch, we are keen to hear from you!
NOTE: If the successful candidate comes in on an internship there is the strong possibility of being offered a full-time role at the end of the period if we and you are the right fit!
Please find out more information about the companies on our website.