Lidl is currently looking to recruit a Price Checker.
Annual salary: starting from € 17.962, overtime rates are not included in this salary, and everything is paid by the minute!
As a Price Checker you will be part of our Purchasing Department and you will be responsible for monitoring assortment and collecting data from competitor’s stores. The purpose and goal of this position is to monitor the Maltese Market and liaise between the Head Office and Purchasing Department in Italy in all respective matters.
Our Head Office is currently located in Burmarrad.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Your role as a Price Checker will be to support the coordination of different projects of the Purchasing department and to assist the regional direction on all matters related to purchasing and promotions.
You shall report to the Sales Area Manager and Purchasing Department in Italy in functional matters.
You shall be answerable and shall report directly to the Purchasing Manager in disciplinary matters.
You will be in charge of the following key areas of responsibility, in agreement with your superior:
• Observation and gathering of our competitors' selling prices;
• Analysis & surveillance of local market;
• Sample purchasing of products as may be requested by the Purchasing Department;
• Preparation and display of samples and products as requested by the Purchasing Department;
• Use of communication tools to send information by means of Price Berry, other price collection methods/systems, telephone, fax and mail;
• Gather, compile data for reports and information as may be required;
• Input and control, checking of data in the operating systems specifically provided;
• Manage internal and external correspondence;
• Management of archive system and general office duties such as archiving, correspondence etc.;
• Creation and monitoring of deadlines of both internal and external communications;
• Receipt of incoming calls, and guarantee call back;
• Responsible for the necessary and adequate tools to administer work;
• Other general secretarial and office work as may be required to fulfil this job;
• Flexibility when carrying out a major sampling session ;
• Carrying out Price Berry checks.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Secondary level education;
• Fluent in English;
• Knowledge of Italian will be considered as an asset;
• Excellent planning, organisation and analytical skills;
• Capable of working on own initiative;
• Keen eye for detail;
• Previous experience in analytic roles will be considered an asset;
• Valid driving license.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE:
There are so many reasons for you to join our Lidl Malta Team that it is impossible to list them all! However, we have mentioned a few below:
• An annual Talent Management process to support your development;
• A complete and structured training plan based on 'on the job training' and supported by the experience of senior colleagues;
• A dynamic and inclusive environment, with over 450 employees;
• Awarded Top Employer for 6 consecutive years;
• A stable, fast-growing company that is aware of its social responsibility and committed for years to the consolidated CSR program "A better tomorrow";
• Many fun activities which will help to integrate in your team, even outside work hours;
Our business in Malta – as all over Europe and USA – is growing and improving and we are aiming to reach more goals together with our staff!
Take a big step towards a fulfilling career with Lidl, because sometimes it's the Lidl things that can lead to great success!