Europharma Ltd part of Michele Peresso Group of Companies in Malta is looking to recruit a Lab Sales Specialist
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The person selected will take responsibility for the company’s laboratory equipment and medical device portfolios, including the promotion and sales of such products to various entities in Malta and Gozo. In addition, the chosen candidate will be responsible for all regulatory requirements of medical devices distributed by the company. Preference will be given to candidates with a scientific background, such as nursing, and experience in sales of medical-related items is considered an asset.
Prospective candidates should:
- Responsible for promoting laboratory equipment, medical refrigeration equipment, and general medical devices in both tender and private market;
- Conduct daily visits to various entities which have laboratories, including all hospitals;
- Focus on customers’ unmet needs, and identify products that can meet such needs, including sourcing of new suppliers, as required;
- Liaise with suppliers, including visiting exhibitions and fairs overseas;
- Co-ordinate training requirements for both end-users and the Europharma technical team;
- Assist during any procedures where products being promoted are used. This also includes meeting any service timeframe deadlines set by supply contracts;
- Oversee all regulatory requirements of all medical devices placed on the market by the company, in compliance with Medical Device Regulation 2017/745.
Europharma Ltd. is one of the leading importers and distributors in the healthcare industry, having established itself over forty years ago. Europharma is active in the fields of importation, distribution and sales & marketing of a number of pharmaceuticals, food supplements, various medical devices, and aides of the elderly and disabled. Europharma has a distribution network which reaches leading supermarkets, baby shops and all pharmacies in Malta and Gozo on a weekly basis, and sells directly to public through San Gwakkin pharmacy and Europharma Medical Center, Psaila Street B’Kara.
- Have a natural interest and flair for sales, with an outgoing personality;
- Have a good command of both written and spoken English and Maltese languages, with knowledge of a third language being an asset;
- Have a good understanding of European requirements regulating medical devices;
- Be able to work under pressure to achieve required sales targets;
- Be self-disciplined and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Be IT proficient, with a minimum ‘A’ Level standard of education;
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Be confident working within a team;
- Possess a clean and valid driving license.