Aldo Abela Surveys Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Petroleum Inspector
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Caleb Brett: This team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world’s petroleum, mining, minerals, and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation, and advanced analytical capability, we help our clients to optimize their return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Caleb Brett safety procedures and policies;
- Be able to perform sampling, gauging, and inventory of shore tanks/vessels;
- Learn Intertek Inspection systems and processes;
- To communicate and coordinate with terminal, transport, and Company personnel to promote the smooth exercise of duties assigned;
- To monitor the availability of the supplies needed for the above processes, and to make any needs for such supplies known to the Coordinators;
- To perform routine equipment calibration, verification, and function checks;
- To organize and coordinate jobs so that services are rendered, and reports and samples are submitted correctly, completely, and in a timely manner;
- To maintain work areas, records, and equipment in a clean, organized, and functional condition;
- To verify and communicate the results obtained and to make the entries into the appropriate media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure the validity and traceability of the information;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum Advanced level standard of education. Must have a good grasp of mathematics and work in an automated environment (good knowledge of Microsoft Office);
- Must be fluent in English;
- Previous experience is desirable and will be deemed an asset but as a minimum must be able to master the essential job duties and responsibilities;
- Ability to work unsociable hours and “on-call” basis;
- Must be able to work well both as part of a team and individually;
- Must be able to work at heights (both onshore and vessels);
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs for shore tanks;
- Valid clean driver’s license;
- Be aware of and adhere to safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities and demanding deadlines;
- Must be detailed oriented and able to effectively prioritize and organize workload with efficient time management;
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal, written, and presentation skills;
- Physical requirements include: Lifting, walking, standing, reaching, bending, stooping, climbing, squatting, and driving.
- Malta (and others if necessary).
*A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance, and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
Aldo Abela Surveys Ltd:
For more than 130 years, companies around the world have depended on Intertek to help ensure the quality and safety of their products, processes, and systems. We go beyond testing, inspecting, and certifying products; we are a Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Through our global network of state-of-the-art facilities and industry-leading technical expertise, we provide innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification services to customers. We provide a systemic approach to supporting our customers’ Quality Assurance efforts in each of the areas of their operations including R&D, raw materials sourcing, components suppliers, manufacturing, transportation, distribution and retail channels, and consumer management. Intertek is an industry leader with more than 44,000 employees in 1,000 locations in over 100 countries. We deliver Total Quality Assurance expertise 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with our industry-winning processes and customer-centric culture. Whether your business is local or global, we can help to ensure that your products meet quality, health, environmental, safety, and social accountability standards for virtually any market around the world. We hold extensive global accreditations, recognitions, and agreements, and our knowledge of and expertise in overcoming regulatory, market, and supply chain hurdles is unrivaled.