Our client has established a Construction Contractor company providing full solutions on new build and refurbishment projects throughout Malta. With a vast amount of knowledge in the local design and construction sector, our Client is now establishing themselves and requires an Operations Manager
to grow the business.
The chosen individual will be required to lead the organisation to ensure effective and timely delivery of projects. Reporting directly to the Senior Management Team, this is a strategic position within the company and would suit a motivated individual with experience of engaging with a wide range of stakeholders so to deliver financial results, value for customers, and operating efficiency of the organisation.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, and discipline employees.
- Communicate job expectations; plan, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems.
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyse variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving the product, equipment utilization, inventory management.
- Analyse process workflow, employee and space requirements, and equipment layout; implement changes.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations, and run a safe, injury/accident-free workplace.
- Meet or exceed operations labour budget expectations.
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labour to revenues.
- Responsible for all site managers and foremen, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees.
- Responsible for all aspects of vehicle and equipment.
- Manage relationships with key operations subcontractors and suppliers.
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment in a timely manner.
- Serve as the primary point of contact when there are customer issues.
- Communicate customer issues with the operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- Work closely with the senior management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures, and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience in operations management, preferably in the local construction market.
- Demonstrate extensive people management and motivational skill.
- Be self-motivated and dynamic with the ability to manage a busy workload.
*Our Client offers an excellent professional step for an ambitious construction professional.
Ably Resources Limited:
At Ably Resources we provide the best available talent within various sectors on Malta. Whether it's the placement of one individual or the mobilisation of a whole project team, we can guarantee you a professional and highly skilled response to your requirements. Our aim is to deliver the best possible solutions, so we will make sure we fully understand the nature of your work-scope, the key issues and the complexities. We will then strive to meet your needs as quickly, and as cost-effectively, as possible. We can provide staff at all levels, from skilled trades to any office support staff, middle and senior management and director level across many disciplines. We're based in Glasgow, with a satellite office in Malta but we have absolutely no geographical restrictions. Nor do we have any restrictions on our client-base, which currently ranges from small independent firms to global multi-nationals. We deliver complete recruitment solutions from advertising, sourcing, shortlisting, selection and full candidate back-up. In addition, we offer security and medical screening, credential verification and referencing. Through innovative web-based attraction and recruitment solutions combined with our extensive database and contact pool, we are confident in delivering a quality choice. Ably Resources ambitious aims are to deliver recruitment services to its clients wherever and whenever their requirement arise.