Hotel Castille Limited is looking for a Sous Chef
to join their team in their roof-top restaurant Le Cinq on a full-time basis. Our rooftop restaurant renamed Le Cinq for 1 1/2 years now, has been steadily increasing in popularity until we were hit with the Covid situation. This is a job for someone to grow with us.
*Candidates applying must have a valid working permit.
- Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods, and instructions from the supervisor;
- Ensures team reports working on time and in a clean uniform;
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus;
- Responsible for inventories to enable team members to successfully prepared mise en place. Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food;
- Maintains and reports waste log to supervisors on a daily/weekly basis;
- Checks outlet(s) prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling;
- Communicates and follows-through with appropriate departments to correct sanitation and or equipment issues. Ensures proper rotation, storage temperatures, and proper storing procedures are observed
- Communicates with Food & Beverage team in regards to special events; changes in forecasts, etc;
- Strives to continuously improve the flow of production and all other outputs by submitting ideas in writing to the head chef;
- Controls and decreases waste by maintaining logs to submit daily/weekly.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required;
- Culinary School 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency preferred.
- 1+ year experience in a high production volume restaurant/hotel;
- 1+ year experience in a fine dining or upscale restaurant;
- 3+ years of culinary experience (may be combined with formal culinary training).
Hotel Castille Ltd:
The Castille Hotel is a superior category three-star hotel conveniently located in the heart of Malta's historic capital city, Valletta.
- Strong knowledge of all basic cooking techniques;
- Strong knowledge of Classical European, International, and World Cuisine, including cooking philosophies and principles;
- Flexibility to work any shift in any area of responsibility without notice;
- Strong knowledge of herbs, spices, flavorings;
- Strong knowledge of all kitchen equipment, tools, and supplies.