Iniala Management Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Junior Sommelier
, with a minimum of 2 years experience, to join the team at their Michelin starred restaurant “ION - The Harbour”.
ION - The Harbour offers one of the largest wine lists on the island, with a good balance of wines from all around the world. We look to work mostly with smaller producers who focus on quality rather than quantity, and with a wine by the glass program which changes regularly. The ideal candidate would be a passionate professional, who is eager to expand their knowledge about wines, beverage,s and hospitality in general, to assist the Head Sommelier. CMS/WSET qualifications or similar, and previous Michelin experience are not essential but would be considered an advantage.
As Junior Sommelier, your duties will include:
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer the following to our staff:
- Knowledge of the wine list and awareness of food menus;
- Ability to serve wine in tasting menus by the glass & bottle;
- Take on training programmes as requested by management;
- Completing the set-up of the restaurant;
- Building a relationship with the guests;
- Maintaining the standards set for service by the Head Sommelier;
- Assisting the Head Sommelier or Management with anything related to the restaurant.
Iniala Management Ltd:
Located on the prestigious and historic St. Barbara Bastion, overlooking Malta’s famous Grand Harbour, Iniala Harbour House is a bespoke boutique hotel spread over four Maltese townhouses and several ancient vaults, each having been lovingly restored to perfection. Situated within Iniala Harbour House is "Ion-The Harbour" our Michelin starred restaurant.
- Sponsored training and courses;
- Generous staff discount at ION;
- Transport home in the evening;
- Birthday stay and complimentary meal at the Hotel.