MediaToday Co. Ltd is looking to recruit Journalists with knowledge and appreciation of current affairs, national politics, and social issues on a yearly contract to join their team on a full-time basis.
The role involves investigating, reporting from press conferences, interviewing people in authority, providing a rapid copy in translation from English to Maltese of press releases and statements, developing contacts and staying abreast of important stories, and generating stories of human interest. Candidates who display an ability to harness the opportunities of online reporting - use of social media, using mobile phone photography, producing first-draft copy for online consumption - will be given preference. Good audiovisual presence is a plus.
- Excellent command of the Maltese language written and spoken;
- Willingness to learn on skills, some HTML coding; and emulate best practices in online reporting;
- Good writing skills;
- Keen interest in legal and business affairs, and social issues;
- Passion, drive and initiative;
- Ready to go beyond the call of duty and deliver top-quality copy against time constraints;
- Candidates must be able to communicate and write in excellent Maltese and English.
*Only selected applicants will be summoned for an interview.
Salary will be commensurate to experience.
MediaToday Co Ltd:
MediaToday is an independently owned media house. It publishes three newspapers, produces TV programmes and a number of magazines and runs the online news portals maltatoday.com.mt and illum.com.mt.