Best Western Premier Malta is currently looking to recruit a Cost Controller.
To oversee, uphold, and generate comprehensive reports of stock inventory by diligently updating the inventory management system in accordance with established standards.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain accurate records of all incoming and outgoing stock items.
• Monitor stock levels, and valuation of the inventory.
• Managing stock levels depending on seasonal demands.
• Conduct regular stock takes and reconcile discrepancies.
• Implement efficient storage and organization methods to optimize space and accessibility.
• Generate regular reports on stock levels, inventory turnover, and any potential issues.
• Provide insights and recommendations for improving stock control processes.
• Reviewing, interpreting, and analysing reports, and taking the necessary action to rectify irregularities.
• Perform random spot checks and investigate any discrepancies.
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure alignment on stock requirements.
• Assist in forecasting stock needs based on historical data and market trends.
• Work closely with the storekeeper to ensure a smooth operation.
• Replace/assist the storekeeper during days of absence and/or busy periods.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing inventory in a Food & Beverage environment.
• Proven experience in stock control, inventory management, or a similar role.
• Proficiency in using inventory management software preferably in Materials Control, Simphony POS and MS Excel.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.