Our client, a well established manufacturing company in Malta with international presence, are looking to recruit a Shipping and Logistics Executive to support the logistics department. Reporting to the Senior Supply Chain Manager, your responisiblities will include:
• Processing customs clearance for both imports and exports, while issuing payments.
• Responsible for imports and exports, namely, liaising with the shipping company, issuing of imports and exports invoices.
• Organizing and planning loading/unloading of the shipping container.
• Preparing import delivery notes of finished product.
• Liaising with clients regarding shipping and deliveries.
• Confirming contents of trailers and containers with the available packing lists.
• Updating stocks and liaising with the customs department.
• Delivering orders on time and liaises with couriers, if required.
The ideal candidate should:
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in customs is a must
• Understand the transportation process and its interface with business, production & shipping process.
• Effective time management is essential.
• Strong critical thinking & ability to solve complex problem effectively.
• Must be a highly organized individual with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to network and develop relationship with shipping lines experience in sea freight / logistic department / freight forwarding is advantageous.
• Possesses a clean and valid driver’s license (B).
• Effective communication both in Maltese and English