Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Head of Maintenance
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Head of Maintenance
must be organized, responsible, and able to efficiently manage and lead the maintenance department, to ensure that the coordination and supervision of technical employees during general maintenance and routine upkeep of the company’s facilities and equipment, is done in a professional and efficient manner.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues;
- Check equipment as well as building systems to ensure the functionality;
- Collaborate with workers and oversee contractors during renovations;
- Delegate tasks to meet maintenance schedule and satisfy employer needs;
- Ensure adherence to high-quality standards and health and safety regulations;
- Identify areas for improvement and assign workers to take care of issues;
- Keep maintenance logs and reports on daily activities;
- Manage maintenance expenses by ensuring best practices in the industry;
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary;
- Perform evaluations of subordinates to ensure the quality of work;
- Plan and coordinate all maintenance activities in the facilities including analysing equipment needs, reliability issues, developing preventive and predictive maintenance programs;
- Report any issues or problems to the Group HR and Operations Director;
- Supervise and lead all maintenance processes and operations;
- Train new employees in maintenance work processes and procedures.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- At least 7 years experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Hands-on experience in planning maintenance operations;
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems, etc;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high-pressure support environment with changing priorities whilst striving to deliver exceptional servicel
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilitiesl
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.