Media Today Co Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Social Media Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the CEO, you will be working closely with editorial and sales departments, as well as the financial controller, to develop digital marketing strategies for our major news brands, as well as track and report digital activity.
- Assume control of Media today brands’ social media presence in cooperation with heads of editorial, and understand the digital marketing needs for main products;
- Collaborate with departmental heads on brand streamlining, and design of integrated in-house social media campaigns;
- Assist sales and business development heads in managing social media campaigns for third parties through our social media platforms;
- Monitor and optimize performance strategies with frameworks for goals;
- Coordinate with our tech team to aid in identifying, reporting and resolving technical issues on web services;
- Maintain an understanding of the latest social media trends and relevant topics that drive current news to make our products more effective and always dynamic;
- Identifying growth opportunities on social media and educating company stakeholders.
MediaToday Co Ltd:
MediaToday is an independently owned media house. It publishes three newspapers, produces TV programmes and a number of magazines and runs the online news portals maltatoday.com.mt and illum.com.mt.
- Business fluency in written and spoken English;
- Work experience in social media or digital marketing areas,
- FB Ads API • +3 years paid social experience with Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc;
- Experience using Google Analytics ;
- Expert knowledge with Facebook Business Manager and Ads Manager (including ad placement, budget management, etc);
- Knowledge of the news industry is a plus, but awareness of the social media creative universe and confidence with troubleshooting problems is a must;
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail ;
- Ability to work to achieve the aims of department heads and liaise confidently with CEO ;
- A good understanding of Google Marketing Platform.