Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit an HR Assistant
to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the HR & Operations Management Team, the HR Assistant
shall act as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from employees and external partners. The main administrative duties include maintaining personnel records, managing HR documents, and updating internal databases.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees;
- Perform administrative work, including scheduling, maintaining files, and sorting of mail for the HR & Operations Department;
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities;
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests;
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas;
- Collaborate on and follow company policies, practices, and procedures to maintain internal controls;
- Ensure that tasks, assignments, and other assigned duties are kept confidential.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brand's flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity have played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- At least 1-year experience working in a similar position;
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and flexible with work schedule to accommodate last-minute requests;
- Ability to integrate and work well in a team environment;
- Demonstrated level of professionalism and ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, challenging environment;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills communication, and presentation skills;
- Possess an eye for detail and ability to work under pressure;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel.