Armier Beach Resort is looking to recruit a Pizzaiolo
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Armier Beach Resort is a new concept to transform Armier Bay Mellieha into a new vibrant destination with various restaurants and beach outlets. We are now looking to recruit a skillful Pizzaiolo who shall be responsible for producing top-quality pizzas for our patrons while managing staff and costs.
Armier Beach Resort is a new concept to transform Armier Bay in Mellieha into a new vibrant destination. We shall be operating the Baia Asian Fusion Restaurant/Bar Lounge Beach Resort in partnership with an International Franchise as well as Palm Beach Resort.
- Knowledge of sourcing quality ingredients, create recipes while being innovative / create “Daily Specialities” according to the customer’s needs;
- Ability to perform pizza-making duties without supervision in a fast, cost-effective, and professional manner ensuring consistency and of a very good standard;
- Be well organized and be able to interact with all the kitchen and restaurant food serving employees to provide the best service possible in an efficient co-ordinated and rapid manner;
- Ability to work under pressure in a hectic environment;
- Knowledge of financial, budgetary, and food control practices;
- Hiring and training pizza colleagues to provide excellent service as per the restaurant’s SOPs;
- Flexibility and willingness to work shifts on weekends, lunches, and evenings;
- Ensure a safe environment for all kitchen employees by setting and enforcing quality and safety controls;
- Fluent in the English language while conversant with the Maltese language and able to communicate effectively with all the kitchen and restaurant employees;
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience as Pizzaiolo Chef providing certification of the same from a catering college and previous employment duties;
- Be assertive and ensure all the kitchen team are orderly, and produce the desired quantity and quality food in an efficient manner;
- Do possess a valid work permit, a clean police conduct certificate, and a valid food handling certification.