db Hotels + Resorts in Malta is looking to recruit Food and Beverage Servers
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Food and Beverage Server
is responsible to attend to F&B outlet or Restaurant guests, by taking orders and serving food & beverages to ensure our guests have a pleasant dining experience.
- Assists in the setup and preparation of tables, linens, laying of tables & cutlery and consumables, setup of the buffet counter;
- Provision of F&B services to in-house guests, and local patrons in accordance with departmental business levels;
- Takes orders for food & beverages from guests, explains menu, takes orders for Food & beverages;
- Serves food & drinks in an efficient and polite manner;
- Adheres to standards of service, hygiene, and food handling in line with the company’s operating procedures;
- Supplies cutlery, consumables, condiments as requested to guests and ensures an adequate level of supplies according to the number of covers or as directed by the F&B supervisor;
- Cleans and sanitizes tables, buffet counters, cutlery, and crockery;
- Follow H&S procedures and instructions on material safety data sheets;
- Perform rotation cleaning duties i.e. deep cleaning of assigned areas in accordance with the schedule;
- Deliver and retrieve items from the buffet counter;
- Follow security protocols to ensure the safety of guests;
- Reports any damages to outlet premises, furniture and equipment or Health & Safety Hazards to the F&B Supervisor;
- Ensures personal hygiene and grooming in line with outlet standards;
- Contributes effectively to the achievement of customer satisfaction scores for the department and the hotel;
- Participates in Training and Development programs offered by the organisation;
- Has a pleasant personality, welcoming attitude, and friendly disposition to make the guests dining experience a memorable one;
- Avoids wastage of products and ancillary amenities offered to guests;
- Additional ad hoc duties as directed by Head of Department.
db Hotels + Resorts:
The db Group has grown from a family-run business into Malta’s foremost corporate player in the tourism, hospitality & leisure sector, and beyond. The Group has over 30 years of experience in the hospitality & leisure industry, leading with the largest hotels on the Maltese islands. The group operates also Starbucks and Hard Rock Cafe in Malta and Pearl Spas together with a variety of themed concept restaurants and beach clubs.
- Previous experience working in a food and beverage outlet environment considered to be advantageous;
- Good understanding of how the role contributes to the success of the hotel;
- Verbal and written communications skills in English and any other European Language;
- Eye for detail and passion for service;
- Physically fit and able to lift and move furniture;
- Willing to work on a shift basis in a hotel environment;
- Maintains a high level of personal hygiene;
- Conforms with hotels grooming standards;
- Good time management;
- Follows directions with ease;
- Warm and friendly disposition.