Attard Bro Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Concrete Technical Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Concrete Technical Manager
is to provide hands-on technical expertise to run the concrete and precast departments supporting both internal and external customers The position requires a sound knowledge of concrete technology, associated quality systems, and a strong commitment to Health & Safety, welfare, and the environment.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Provide practical assistance related to concrete operations in the plant and on sites;
- Provide the first point of contact communications and troubleshooting for concrete for internal and external clients, and document customer complaints as per procedures;
- Assist in the quality control of daily operations. Ensuring quality controls are in place and are being adhered to during the ordering, batching, delivery, sampling, and testing of the concrete;
- Pro-actively drive the implementation of procedures and provide technical support to the sales team production and operations departments;
- Responsible for mixed designs cost reduction and assist in pricing exercises. Also, take part in raw material selection and characterization;
- Drive yearly Quality and Cost Savings Action Plans for the concrete and precast departments;
- Assist in the management, motivation, and development of all operatives (batches, drives, technicians) through training;
- Ensure compliance with Company, National, and International Standards;
- Continue to develop the ISO9001:2015 documentation including Quality Manual and Quality Procedures. Analyses of QC results and track KPIs for both Departments.
- Involvement in the development and promotion of new products.
Education & Licenses required:
- Work is on a full-time basis;
- The role involves being on call and working during weekends may be required to meet project deadlines;
- Work is from the main office, regular on-site visits and meetings with clients may be required to monitor the project. For those working on multiple projects, frequent travel between sites is required.
To be in possession of either of the following:
Knowledge/Skills/Qualities/ Tools and Equipment used in this position:
- Advanced Diploma in Construction Engineering; Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering;
- (Civil Engineering); Graduate Perit (from either the Civil or Structural Engineering stream;
- A hands-on approach to deal with plant and site quality issues in particular;
- A valid driving license;
- On-the-job training will be provided.
It is expected to have:
Attard Bro Group:
- Knowledge of any raw materials that need to be used in construction and related International Standards;
- Knowledge of processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the efficiency of the work;
- Knowledge of any materials and tools as well as methods related to them;
- An understanding of customer needs and the ability to meet quality standards;
- Knowledge of relevant machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance;
- Knowledge of building regulations;
- People management and leadership skills to lead a team of workers;
- Financial management skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Networking skills and the ability to maintain professional relationships;
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Strong communication skills in Maltese and English;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
- Time management and multitasking skills;
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Managing multicultural and multilingual team;
- A methodical approach to work;
- A sense of initiative;
- Attention to detail;
- Business acumen;
- Proactive and energetic attitude.
Established in 1977, Attard Bros. Group (ABG) is a General Civil Engineering and Building Contractor. The Group employs over 270 workers and turnover exceeds €23 million. ABG operates from its industrial complex at Ta’ Qali where its administrative offices, technical offices, stores and production plants are located. It has 45,000 square meters of factory space. The Group consists of five registered subsidiaries; Attard Bluemix Ltd, Attard Concrete Systems Ltd, Cementstone Manufacturing Co. Ltd, Eurocraft Ltd, and Attard Developments Ltd.