Job vacancy: Business Intelligence & Data Developer within Data Management and BI in Grade 7
Job code: DM/009/2020
About Data Management and BI:
To aid in requirements gathering and data modelling exercises, hands-on development, maintenance and support of the MFSA Enterprise Data Warehouse, BI Systems. Create and support Reporting Solutions and Business Intelligence Applications ensuring high-quality reporting productions in an effective and timely manner. To perform data integration development in the form of data jobs and packages in a highly changing environment with multiple data sources according to the MFSA procedures and standards.
- To participate in the architecture design and development of Data Warehouse;
- To ensure that effective version control is maintained;
- To monitor ETL jobs to guarantee maximum uptime and performance;
- To design and develop Data Warehouse integration solutions with third-party systems.
Business Intelligence and Reporting:
- To design, develop and implement BI solutions, particularly Management KPI dashboards;
- To assist our internal clients/end users in the definition of their business requirements;
- To create ad-hoc reports as per client/end-user requirements;
- To assist/train end-users in the use of data query analysis and reporting tools;
- To promote the use of BI, BI initiatives and Reporting tools.
- To carry out all assigned tasks efficiently and effectively, in adherence with internal policies and procedures;
- To participate in the design and implementation of process improvements around data onboarding into the Data Warehouse, reporting/dashboards change management etc;
- To participate in periodic system reviews in relation to the BI Architecture to identify possible gaps and process inconsistencies and propose re-alignment strategies including the necessary training programmes;
- To build relationships and liaise with various stakeholders across the business to ensure cohesion and drive a collaborative work environment;
- To participate and contribute to the definition of the metadata catalogue and Enterprise Data Model;
- To submit any reports and/or supervise any projects and activities as may be directed from time to time.
We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in Computer Science, information science or equivalent specialized training in data warehousing and/or BI. The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level. You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years in developing Databases and Data Systems and experience in BI Data visualisation tools, ideally using Microsoft technologies. Certifications in BI-related technologies and SQL is considered an asset and ideally with experience in the Financial & Gaming Sector. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you. Knowledge of Data Integration tools, ETL/ELT techniques, with SQL, PL/SQL and Transact SQL, working off a primary programming language, knowledge of C# and Python and experience in structured Dashboard KPIs/Reporting Design will be all considered an asset.
How to apply or query further information:
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills;
- Quick Learner and motivated to understand the business;
- Customer Driven with an ability to prioritise issues based on impact;
- Be a team player when needed and work with individuals on set deliverables;
- Able to work under pressure.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.gov.mt
under the MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta), and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Permit no:578/2020
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.