Malta Development Bank is currently looking to recruit a Professional I (Finance).
Jobsplus Permit Number 66/2024
The Professional I (Finance) will work closely with the Senior Finance Officer and will be assisting with the accounting and financial reporting of the Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the general ledger and recording of daily transactions;
• Assist in the preparation of the payment run, record prepayments and accruals;
• Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including bank accounts, fixed asset register, creditors and debtors;
• Perform the periodic physical inventory reconciliation; Update of inventory procedures as required;
• Recording purchase invoices, checking their approvals to ensure that the Bank's procurement policy and procedure limits are being adhered to;
• Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts;
• Assist in the drafting of the annual financial statements and IFRS disclosures;
• Liaise with the bank’s external and internal auditors in the annual and other audit assignments;
• Assist in budgeting and cash forecasting;
• Assist in the management and servicing of bank account operations – support of bank relationships, administration of forms e.g. appointment of bankers, FATCA forms, preparation of KYC documents and preparation of manual banking instructions;
• Document financial procedures and ensure the Financial Procedures Manual are maintained up to date;
• Assist in the completion of statutory and other financial returns;
• Perform any other administrative roles and other responsibilities which may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Finance Officer and CFO to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day operations of the Bank and to substitute other administrative personnel as required.
Candidate Profile and Experience:
• Part Qualified ACCA with a minimum of 2 years experience in an accountancy practice;
• Experience in the financial services sector is considered an asset;
• Be able to work under pressure with minimum supervision and to strict deadlines and budgets;
• A disposition to take the initiative, collaborate with all the Business Units and support work within the area of responsibilities beyond the call of duty to ensure the smooth running of the function.
• Assertive with strong ethical values and integrity;
• Strong interpersonal skills as a team player with the ability to prioritise, coordinate and organise the work in a practical fashion;
• A conscientious attitude, self-motivation and ability to work without close supervision;
• Good writing and verbal communication;
• Good analytical, problem solving and report writing skills with a goal-oriented attitude.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications. Experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel system is necessary;
• Previous experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 accounting software will be considered an asset;
• Fluent in Maltese and English.
The MDB shall process information provided by candidates solely for the purpose of this vacancy. In the event of unsuccessful applications, the Bank may keep applicants’ personal data on file for a period up to six months following the date that the post applied for was filled. Applicants’ information will only be used to identify any future employment opportunities within the MDB for which applicants may be suited. Applicants are free to withdraw their application and their consent to the retention of their personal data, at any time. For further information, please read the MDB’s privacy notice which can be found on our website.