A client of ours is looking for a Senior Business Analyst who will be reporting to the Head of Business transformation. The senior business analyst will be responsible to:
- Provide direction and guidance to ongoing projects in relation to new products, revamping of business processes and practices as well as overall business transformation projects by leading the elicitation and documentation of requirements.
- Translate any such requirements into functional and non-functional requirements as may be required and support the IT analysts to procure and implement systems to support the changes required in line with both business and technical requirements.
The main responsibilities would be:
- Elicit, document, and analyse business and system requirements.
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications as required
- To provide recommendations and designs for implementation or improvement options
- Analyse business cases and provide direction to the project managers based on the dependencies.
- Conduct impact analysis of changes and assess feasibility.
- Research and analyse all aspects of existing business practices and procedures through data gathering and meetings with stakeholders to discuss issues
- Recommend and institute BA best practice and methodology and tools.
- Perform high-level QA of deliverables ensuring adherence to business requirements.
- Mentor and support your colleagues and members of the project teams.
- Build relationships and liaise with various stakeholders across the business to ensure cohesion and drive a collaborative work environment
- Organise and co-ordinate meetings with staff members to manage projects, when required
- Contribute to the overall business strategy from project prioritization and dependency aspect.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration, IT or in a related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent written & oral communication
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, attention to detail and ability to find the correct solution for complex business problems.
- Proven ability to elicit requirements and translate them into business and functional requirements.
- Customer-driven with an ability to prioritise issues based on impact.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and inspire others to identify opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Be a team player while still being able to work independently when needed.
- Committed to self-development.
- Project management skills.
- 2-3 years minimum experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of requirement elicitation and documentation.
- Experience using mock-up tools to facilitate the translation of business requirements into functional specifications.
- Experience in preparing and interpret process maps, schedules and step-by-step action plans.
- Experience using MS Visio (or similar).
- Previous experience within banking will be considered as an asset
This role is within the banking industry.