The main function of the IT Senior Systems Analyst role is to convert the business requirements into technical specifications and deliverables and determines how the functionality is to be achieved and implemented using CASE analysis and tools. Your main responsibilities will be:
- To participate in the design and implementation of process improvements for the team.
- To participate in periodic system reviews to identify possible gaps and process inconsistencies and propose re-alignment strategies including the necessary training programmes.
- To liaise with the business analyst/s and/or client/s to ensure compliance with business requirements and agreed specifications.
- Design technical solution to achieve business objectives and document all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Validate and further develop functional requirements into technical requirements/specifications.
- Derive technical and non-functional requirements from a technical perspective (server uptime, bandwidth, network, etc).
- Conduct technical impact assessment & determine dependencies (systems, architecture, data architecture, infrastructure, IT security perspective).
- Preparing cost benefits and analysis reports for upgrades.
- To participate in the implementation of the system/s by handling the required system configuration, parameterisation and other implementation tasks.
- To assist in Second line support to end-users
- To ensure that all incidents and service requests assigned to him/her that is related to parameterisation are handled promptly and effectively within agreed service levels.
- To participate in post-implementation reviews
- To build relationships and liaise with various stakeholders across the business to ensure cohesion and drive a collaborative work environment.
- Keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or another related field.
- Knowledge of Information Systems Analysis and Software Development.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Analysis and Design using UML diagrams.
- Customer Driven with an ability to prioritise issues based on impact.
- Excellent critical analysis and creative skills.
- 3 years of work experience working in a similar role
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
This role is within the banking industry.