Our Client is a well-known group of companies headquartered in Msida, Malta, is looking to recruit a Systems Administrator
to join their team on a part-time basis. The chosen candidate will assist with the day-to-day ICT-related requirements, but also participate in long-term and strategic planning.
This post would suit a Graduate or an individual who has recently obtained a degree or recognized qualification in ICT or for individuals who are at an advanced stage of similar accomplishments.
The successful individual will report directly to the Chief Officer of the Group company and would ideally have the following experience and competencies:
Responsibilities will include:
- Possess experience in Windows Server management such as user profile maintenance, security management, and performance;
- Be in or nearing possession of the above referred to qualifications;
- Have general experience in cloud-based systems;
- Be able to offer desktop support in a Windows Server environment;
- Have a flair for new corporate technologies;
- Be able to offer support on main Microsoft Office Products;
- Have experience in virtualization technologies;
- Be familiar with SQL and general Database management;
- Be knowledgeable in terms of file shares and permissions;
- Have strong spoken and written communication skills in English;
- Be able to manage cloud-based backups/restores;
- Be an analytical individual with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Installation and setup of all ICT related hardware and software;
- Liaising with the currently appointed ICT support contractor on all matters;
- Documentation of ICT inventory and processes;
- Monitoring of daily backups and perform routine test restores;
- General desktop support at both hardware and software levels;
- Perform Windows Server maintenance procedures;
- Monitor and action all software updates;
- Participate in systems analysis and design when the need arises;
- Support internal departments with reporting tools and system data;
- Monitor and rectify general matters of system security;
- Perform research on ICT related developments in terms of new technologies and products;
- Participate in and contribute towards the implementation of ICT related projects;
- Other general ICT-related responsibilities.
*Our client offers an excellent opportunity to join a large organisation on the island.