Job vacancy: Senior Network and Security Specialist within Technology in Grade 6
Job code: TEC/002/2021
Technology is at the core of the knowledge-based organisation. It enables MFSA's strategic and operational objectives to be achieved efficiently and effectively. The Technology team leverages cutting-edge technology, industry standards, and methodologies to provide reliable services to the rest of the organisation and the financial services sectors interacting with the Authority electronically. It is responsible for technology design, information security, development, integration, and delivery of all information and communications infrastructure, platforms, and services, working with technology vendors and partners. The Technology team is made up of professionals specialised in relevant areas that include governance and planning, infrastructure and service management, information systems, and security. Officials from Technology also participate and give their contribution in several European committees, expert groups, and industry fora.
The selected candidate will undertake duties in relation to the implementation and administration of network and security infrastructure. The primary job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Design, perform installations, updates, upgrades, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and fine-tuning of the Authority’s network and security solutions;
- Continuously identify and recommend opportunities to leverage technology to improve the existing infrastructure and processes, based on security practices and compliance needs;
- Liaise with technical teams on design, specification, and architecture;
- Ensure that the network infrastructure attains maximum performance, security, and availability through continuous improvement;
- Maintain updated technical documentation and user guides;
- Attend to scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities;
- Establish a good working and knowledge-sharing relationship with the Technology team;
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with suppliers as well as internal and external customers;
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Technology Leads.
We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in ICT but well versed in networking and information security. The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognized professional qualification at a comparable level.
Candidates for this position must:
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to find root causes, capture learning, share knowledge, and prevent re-occurrence;
- Be knowledgeable with full-time work experience in most of these areas: Windows Operating System, DNS, Identity Management, Web Filtering Solutions, Information Protection Solutions, Endpoint Detection, and Response Solutions, Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Endpoint Protection and Mobile Device Management;
- Have experience with TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, IT Security, High-Availability, Redundancy/Fail-Over, Web Application Firewalls, VoIP, Mail Gateways, Load Balancers, and Intrusion Detection/Prevention;
- Be proficient with Linux operating systems and Microsoft Cloud Solutions;
- Related industry certifications (mainly Microsoft MS-101 and MS-500) would be considered an asset;
- You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years of working experience in ICT in the areas of enterprise networking and security. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
*If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
The ideal candidate should:
How to apply or query further information:
- Have a strong business orientation with a demonstrated knowledge of the IT industry;
- Can communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal and external clients;
- Strong customer focus and knowledge of IT Service Management standards and procedures;
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Have good written and verbal skills and proven ability to work on own initiative with great attention to detail;
- Has the ability to work within a team, multitask, and capable of meeting strict deadlines;
- Has the ability to listen actively and to work on own initiative when necessary;
- Must be fluent in the English language.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other important information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Permit no:87/2021
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange, and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.