One of our clients in the Telecommunications industry in Malta is looking to recruit an experienced and aspiring Senior Software Developer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Working closely with product owners and other team members to design and develop applications for product delivery;
- Mentoring and supporting other software developers in the team;
- Assisting other team members with the design and implementation of new software requirements;
- Giving third level expert and product support when needed;
- Optimizing and replacing legacy systems with new architecture;
- Ensuring quality control across the board;
- Adhering to best practices in software development;
- Learning by reading and experimenting to optimize and improve.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT/Engineering or equivalent;
- 4+ years’ experience in software development using Java and Spring;
- Working experience with Spring Data, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, SOAP, and REST;
- Experience building software using TDD and BDD;
- Experience with microservices, event-driven architecture, messaging frameworks, and paradigms;
- Ability to design software using appropriate design patterns;
- Good oral and spoken English;
- A good understanding of container technologies such as Docker will be an asset;
- Experience breaking down monolithic applications using event-driven microservices, CQRS, NoSQL databases, and working in an agile environment using Scrum methodologies will be an asset
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Be a good team player and work well with others;
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, improvisational and creative solutions with a can-do attitude.