River Tech in Malta is looking to recruit enthusiastic and motivated Backend Developers (Java) to join their platform team on a full-time basis. You will have the opportunity to work on and build all parts of the platform: business logic, external APIs, admin APIs, integrations with game and payment providers, as well real-time integrations with other internal systems such as the data platform and middleware. The new development will all be using Kotlin, a modern, concise, safe language that is accessible to all developers, especially those with Java experience.
- Work in an agile team consisting of other backend developers to build and maintain microservices in Spring Boot and Kotlin to handle platform business logic;
- Liaise with other tech teams and product team to provide functionality over REST APIs;
- Participate in task estimations, planning, and code reviews;
- Integrate with third party systems to allow for a greater number of products on the platform;
- Gather knowledge in business requirements to be able to ease operations;
- Collaborate with engineers across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems.
Skills in the following area are considered a plus:
- Advanced knowledge of Java (2/3 years of experience);
- Spring Framework (1-year experience);
- Basic GIT knowledge is necessary;
- Working in a scrum team.
Bringing ideas to life. Technology company offering a B2B product. Focusing on assisting companies with specialist competencies by providing secure and tailor-made, yet user-friendly solutions, for the delivery of services within the online sphere.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt;
- A good eye for layout with attention to detail;
- Eligible to work freely within the EU.