Medichem Manufacturing (Malta) Ltd and Combino Pharm (Malta) Ltd form part of the Medichem group, a Spanish pharmaceutical organization which develops and manufactures both active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished dosage forms.
Medichem specialises in active pharmaceutical ingredients, while Combino Pharm is focused on solid oral generic pharmaceutical products. The organization provides high quality medicinal substances and products for the worldwide market, with special emphasis on Europe and the US.
The two factories are located side-by-side in the Hal Far Industrial Estate, hold EU GMP certification, ANVISA certification and US FDA approval, and have been operating in Malta for 19 years.
We are currently looking for a new team member to join Medichem Manufacturing (Malta) Ltd. and Combino Pharm (Malta) Ltd. for the following role:
HEAD OF R&D
The role reports directly to the Head of Malta Operations as part of the local organisation, and to the Chief Scientific Officer, as a member of the global R&D organisation.
As the Head of R&D, you will play a pivotal role in orchestrating all R&D functions within both of our API and FDF sites in Malta.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating process technology transfer and process validation efforts of manufacturing processes of generic APIs and solid oral dosage forms that are transferred from other R&D centres within the group or from third party sites.
• Overseeing development projects with internal and external clients, from initial development to launch.
• Providing scientific guidance, knowledge and support to other operational units and processes within plants.
• Leading a diverse team of scientists within both sites and ensuring that they have the best atmosphere and infrastructure within which to perform and excel.
• Being the overall responsible for R&D areas within the Malta sites such as the R&D Lab, GMP Kilo-Lab and HPAPI Unit.
• Evaluating and preparing proposals for contract manufacturing opportunities.
• Collaborating with the other R&D sites within Medichem to reach the organisation’s R&D goals.
• Contributing to the general operations of the local enterprises, as a member of the sites’ leadership team.
• Controlling the department's budget and contributing to proposals for capital investments and initiatives to improve, streamline and expand the local operations.
As the ideal candidate, you will possess:
• Bachelor and Master degrees in science, most preferably in chemistry or pharmacy; a Doctorate degree will be considered an asset.
• Proven experience in process development and validation within the pharmaceutical sector. Experience in both API and FDF sectors will be desirable.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Excellent organization, management, and communication skills.
• Proactive problem-solving capabilities and project planning skills.
• Leadership qualities and the ability to work both independently and as part of a management team.
What we offer you:
• Continuous opportunities for professional growth and training.
• Competitive salary and performance bonus.
• Private vehicle and mobile phone plan.
• Comprehensive health insurance and medical check-ups.
• Positive working environment with a priority on teamwork.
• Job security.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application and CV to The Human Resources Department, Medichem Manufacturing (Malta) Ltd.
*Applications are to be received at the earliest but by no later than 26th February 2024.