Zrar Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Construction Material Tester
to join their on a full-time basis.
Based at the plant located in Ta’ Zuta, Siggiewi, you will be responsible for:
The successful candidate should preferably have:
- Inspect, sample, and test construction materials, primarily aggregates, concrete and asphalt, in accordance with the company Quality Control System;
- Carrying out site material performance tests as and when necessary;
- Perform various construction materials tests to the prescribed methods;
- Any other ad-hoc general production-related tasks as may be required by the management
Zrar Ltd forms part of a Bonnici Group together with Bonnici Bros Limited and United Equipment Company Limited. Established in 1983, today it is one of the leading companies in the production and supply of construction materials to the local industry. Zrar Ltd also operates its own hard stone quarry situated at Ta’ Zuta’, limits of Dingli. Since its origins, the company has become an instrumental arm of the Bonnici Group and has remarkably opened up the group’s potential in various business spheres. The company operates a ready-mixed concrete batching plant and a hot asphalt batching plant where modern production machinery and techniques allow the company to be very flexible. Zrar Ltd also provides aggregates for concrete products and road construction materials, recycling of inert materials and agricultural soil, manufacture of pre-cast concrete products, different sized boulders for specialised civil engineering projects and ready-mix concrete. Moreover, different grades of concrete can be also manufactured according to grade required. Further to the Zrar quarry, Bonnici Bros Ltd has further invested in its manufacturing plants and technology, particularly those pertaining to the production of Sealoflex polymer modified bitumen (as licensed by Ooms International), also making it an authorised distributor for the local market and the North African continent. The company is committed to further expand its facilities and operations, thus diversifying its product base so as to be in a better position to accommodate the needs of its customers.
- To have a flexible approach to work commitments and be ready to work irregular working hours as may be the need and required;
- Proficient in the use of a PC, preferably ECDL certified;
- Production and efficiency-oriented;
- Be able to work with minimum supervision;
- Minimum O level standard of education;
- To be in a possession of a valid driving license as required by Transport Authority;
- Hands-on experience in the construction industry will be considered an asset.