Environment Resources Authority in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Senior Officer (Human Resources) to join their team on a full-time basis.
*This particular job specification requires the candidate to be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in Maltese, therefore a minimum ‘O’Level in Maltese is required;
In the role of Senior Officer (Human Resources), the officer is responsible to manage the office, the functions and deliverables under the area of responsibility in line with the aims and objectives of the Authority, and provide strategic support to the Directorates/Offices of the Authority.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Support employees on work-related matters and welfare, follow up on support where necessary, and provide feedback to HR Manager on employee concerns;
- Assist the HR Manager and respective Director with strategic plans for the HR Unit;
- Assist the HR Manager with the overall Authority’s manpower requirements;
- Support with the Unit’s Business Plans and organizational objectives through effective human resources management;
- Assist with conducting research and drafting of HR practices and procedures;
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, and promotion processes;
- Update draft policies and procedures and any HR related information material as required from time to time;
- Participate in HR committees and activities as necessary;
- Assist in the evaluation of the performance appraisal system;
- Maintain systems and procedures for job evaluation, remuneration structures, manpower planning, and HR Audits;
- Participate in payroll related matters and in planning & managing of budgets;
- Prepare contract and follow up renewals;
- Participate in grievances, disputes and assist in administering disciplinary matters in line with legal and collective agreement requirements;
- Deals with Unions and employees on collective agreement matters;
- Assist in maintaining and reviewing collective agreement conditions;
- Update HR records and statistics;
- Assist the line superior/s in specialized projects and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree (MQF Level 6) with a minimum total of 180 ECTS credits in Human Resources Management, Social Science, Psychology, Work and Human Resources, Social Policy, Social Work or comparable qualification as recognized by NCHFE;
- Alternatively, in case of no first Degree, a Master’s Degree (MQF Level 7) with a minimum total of 90 ECTS credits in Human Resources Management, Social Science, Psychology, Work and Human Resources, Social Policy, Social Work or comparable qualification as recognized by NCHFE;
- This particular job specification requires the candidate to be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in Maltese, therefore a minimum ‘O’Level in Maltese is required;
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of post-graduate relevant experience in Human Resources or Management.
*In case of foreign qualifications, a recognition certificate from NCFHE is to be submitted for the application to be taken into consideration.
*Interested candidates are advised to submit their application, together with a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of their qualifications.
A Curriculum Vitae together with all the relative documentation is to be submitted to the Environment & Resources Authority by not later than NOON of 5 March, 202
Environment & Resources Authority:
The Environment and Resources Authority shall safeguard the environment to achieve a sustainable quality of life. As the national regulator on the environment, we shall also maintain consultation with stakeholders so as to promote and instill sound environmental management.