Our client, a leader within the Corporate Services sector in Malta, is looking to recruit a MLRO and Compliance Officer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Acting as the main point of contact with the FIAU.
- Reviewing and considering suspicious reports made by members of staff.
- Responsible for reporting to the FIAU.
- Liaising with other regulatory authorities.
- Ensuring that the company maintains good governance standards.
- Establishing, operating and maintaining the relevant registers.
- Involvement with industry bodies on risk and regulatory compliance matters.
- Ensuring compliance with any Court orders served within the specified timeframe.
- Preparing and filing regulatory documents, as and when required by the FIAU and other regulatory authorities.
- Arranging AML/CFT Training.
- Participate in various projects including providing strategic guidance, research and devising policies and procedures.
- 3+ years previous experience in trust and corporate sectors.
- Preferably will have held similar roles and/or have proven track record in a similar role.
- Good understanding of AML/CFT Maltese legislation.
- Prior PQ approval by MFSA would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with an analytical mind.
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Able to work independently and also as part of a global team.