Sheltons Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Junior Accountant
to join their team on a full-time basis.
As a Junior Accountant
, you would be assisting with the accounting and corporate requirements for a portfolio of international clients. After a period of training, you would be responsible for ensuring that all accounting and corporate requirements are complied with as well as, where appropriate, assisting with accounting and tax advice, etc. in collaboration with in-house or external advisors.
We are seeking a Junior Accountant
to assist with the bookkeeping and accounting of a growing portfolio of already content international clients. After a brief induction, you would be assisting with ensuring that all accounting and legal requirements are complied with and for delivering services in a timely and professional manner. After an appropriate training period, your role would include assisting with the delivery of accurate management accounts, annual accounts, and tax returns as well as assisting clients with the preparation and filing of the VAT returns. You will work in close contact with the Managers and with time, you will have considerable contact with the international clients’ representatives as well as with banks, accounting firms, and law firms around the world.
- You have worked at least two years in accounting, preferably with accounting, corporate services firm, or in a comparable role with an international company;
- It is however perfectly acceptable if all your experience has been gained working outside Malta;
- You have a relevant theoretical background or are in the process of finishing your education and are familiar with related legal and financial terms and concepts;
- You also have a good knowledge of general office software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as experience using at least one accounting program;
- Knowledge of Sage and Xero accounting software would be considered an asset;
- As you would be dealing with clients from all over the world it is essential that your English is very advanced and that you have a highly developed ability to articulate views, verbally and in written form. Knowledge of foreign languages such as Italian, German, French, or Spanish would be an asset;
- You have good analytical skills and are a logical thinker and have the ability to find practical solutions to challenging tasks;
- You have a strong personal drive and a competitive spirit;
- You are result-orientated and are good at prioritising your tasks;
- You enjoy building and developing relationships and working in a dynamic team where the spirit of “everybody helps out” still pervades.
If you enjoy an international environment and have a flair for the English language then this is the position for you. After an introductory period, you can expect a challenging position with the opportunity to use and broaden your skills. You will be trained, not only on the job but also via attending external courses and conferences. The right person will have the prospect to become a Manager in the short to medium term.
*At Shelton's, we have a professional attitude and a flat and open organisation. The atmosphere is cooperative, congenial, and positive.
Our Maltese office provides full management support for foreign companies doing business in or with Malta. We are experienced professionals with local and international experience working as your local partner.