G3 Group is a leading hospitality group based in Mellieha, Malta. We operate The Pergola Hotel & Spa, The Solana Hotel & Spa and the DOMS Boutique Hotel, along with several bars, restaurants, and wellness centres in the North of Malta. Our diverse portfolio also includes property for resale and property rentals. We are a publicly listed company and have recently issued a bond under the name of G3 Finance PLC.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic professional to join our team as the Financial Controller. This position entails Supervising the Finance Department and its functions, providing monthly and annual reporting that follows all regulatory and accounting guidelines, balance sheets and forecasts under the supervision of the Group Financial Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of monthly management accounts, including preparation of various end-of-month reports, calculation and posting of monthly accruals and prepayments adjustments, as well as reviewing nominal ledgers up to the trial balance stage
• Cash flow management
• Applying quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Submission of Tax, Compliance and other Returns and Questionnaires
• Overseeing the relationships with financial institutions, investors, and other stakeholders
• Preparation of a yearly budgets
• Liaising with external auditors for the Group’s external audits
• Preparation of yearly financial reporting, including consolidation of the Group
• Affecting continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities to improve efficiency or improve internal control
• Leading and developing the finance team, providing guidance, mentoring, and performance evaluations
• Compilation of the VAT reports and Eco tax submissions
• Assisting the Group Financial Controller with ad-hoc reporting requirements
• Any other task that may arise in the running of the business that would fall under the remit of the finance team
Qualifications and Assets:
• Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (a Master's degree and/or professional qualification such as CPA, CFA, or ACCA is preferred)
• Proven experience in this role. Experience within the hospitality industry will be considered as an asset
• Excellent work ethics
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Proficiency in financial software and systems
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office package - important to have top-notch excel skills
Benefits and Applications:
• A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate along with great company discounts!
*If you meet the above requirements and are ready to take on a challenging leadership role in the dynamic hospitality industry, we invite you to submit your application, including your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and accomplishments.