BigMat in Malta is looking to recruit an Accounts Clerk
to join their team on a full-time basis.
A vacancy has arisen for the post of Accounts Clerk
within Attard Brothers Building Supplies reporting to the Finance Manager. The selected candidate will be mainly required to provide the most efficient, reliable, and timely service in support of the smooth running of the Finance Department.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- General accounting duties including the processing of purchasing invoices, suppliers’ payments preparations, inventory transactions, and reconciliations;
- Other accounting duties such as reconciling supplier statements, raising and posting journals and other general ledger postings, and inputting petty cash transactions;
- Check delivery notes and purchase orders in respect of prices with invoices received from suppliers;
- Investigating any mismatches and reporting any discrepancies for corrections;
- Assign expenses to appropriate cost centers including coding and checking of approved invoices;
- Prepare periodical reports as requested to assist in the analysis of accounts;
- Liaise courteously with customers, suppliers, external auditors, and other stakeholders as necessary;
- Providing any other accounting and clerical assistance to the accounting department as may be deemed necessary.
Education & Licenses required:
- Work is carried out in the office environment liaising with the retail outlet and warehouse environment;
- Full-time job with occasional extra hours.
Knowledge/Skills/Qualities/Tools and Equipment used in this position:
- Have at ‘A’ level qualification in accounts or equivalent.
Big Mat Malta is the latest outlet to be opened as part of the first international chain of independent traders for construction materials. Created by the heads of companies close to their professional clients in 1981, BigMat has since shared the same values of being anchored locally and having a human dimension as the strength behind building SMEs. BigMat offers construction professionals and large-scale DIYers a range of high-quality building materials for new builds and refurbishment, acting as the main link in the professional ladder between the manufacturer and the end client. With over 820 sales outlets in Europe and a desire to grow sustainably in several countries, BigMat represents an unstoppable force in the construction materials market. It was founded in 1981 and up to 2013 had reached 415 members with 831 outlets in countries including Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Czech Republic, Belgium, Slovakia and now, Malta. In Malta BigMat, owned and operated by Attard Bros Group is taking its product offering to new levels and extending its portfolio to meet the needs of the Maltese household owner who wants to enjoy the satisfaction of doing things at home himself with the right equipment and materials.
- Similar experience within a retail-oriented Finance Department;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Proficient in operating Microsoft Excel;
- Competent in operating Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Preference is given to candidates having knowledge of Shireburn Financial Manager and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365;
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.