Carmelo Caruana Company Limited in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Warehouse Operative to join their team on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Warehouse Manager.
- Ensure safe working practices at all times and to always carry out pre-use checks on plant and other equipment to ensure that they are in a safe condition prior to use;
- Receive goods and check that materials are of a certain standard;
- Prepare, load and unload outbound cargo dispatch process, ensuring the cargo backload is managed and dispatched according to Company’s procedures and risk assessments;
- Carry out general yard work including slinging and lashing general cargo, and various crane and forklift duties;
- Maintain general warehouse and yard tidiness;
- Contribute to continuous improvement in order to enhance service delivered and work instructions;
- Assist with administration requirements.
Carmelo Caruana Company Limited:
Carmelo Caruana is at home in Malta, the island republic at the centre of the Mediterranean. Trade is part of our DNA. The sea has been Malta’s key resource and partner throughout history and has played a central role in its economic, social and cultural transformation. Its rich maritime history is firmly ingrained in its present and future shipping developments. The Maltese continue to leave their mark in the wake of the Phoenicians who were the first seafarers to recognise the potential of its natural harbours and strategic location in the heart of the Mediterranean, the meeting point of trade routes. Almost a way of life, hubbing and transhipment flourish in Malta, where heavy investment continues to be directed into the infrastructure and maritime facilities to consistently be a step ahead in merchant shipping. Malta is linked to the Mediterranean basin, North Africa, North Europe, the US, the Far East and beyond through direct sea freight connections, trailer services and daily flights. A member of the European Union since 2004, Malta adopted the euro as its currency in 2008.
- The prospective employee must have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar job and computer literate;
- Due to the nature of the job, one must be in possession of a valid driving and fork lifter license;
- The chosen candidate must have good communication skills and fluent in both spoken and written English and Maltese.