CAR2GO, Malta is looking to recruit Vehicle Handlers
to facilitate the day-to-day running of operations on a full-time basis. On a daily basis, the Vehicle Handlers
will take instructions from the Head of Operations to shift vehicles from one location to the other as necessary operating within a team of 4 people.
Vehicle Handler's Requirements:
- The selected candidates will also be inspecting the fleet, reporting faults, damage or telematic issues to their direct superior so that these are handled in a timely manner before the next usage.
- Shall possess a valid driving license – B1 and efficient driving skills
- Be over 18 years of age and demonstrate a passion for the automotive industry
- S/he will be knowledgeable about the local traffic and road legislation.
CAR2GO, a world-renowned international car-sharing service provider, is planning to establish a national car-sharing scheme in Malta and Gozo, which in Malta will be operating under the brand GoTo Malta. The car-sharing program will provide Malta residents and visitors with a green transportation alternative that will relieve congestion, create more parking spaces, reduce air pollution levels, promote the development of electric vehicles market, and most importantly, save the individual’s cost for transportation. The cars will be self-driven by paid members from a designated, exclusive public car- space to another space paying a per-minute or hourly fee which includes electricity charge, reserved parking spots, insurance and a Valletta CVA fee. GoTo Malta will be available as iOS and Android apps, plus a desktop site. The app, which serves as a key to unlock the car, will walk the user through the process of opening the vehicle, navigating the driver to the available parking near the user's destination and ending the trip.
- Vehicle handlers will be required to work on a full-time, permanent basis of 40 hours per week.
- Hours worked over and above 40 hours per week shall be paid at overtime rates as per local employment legislation.