Pro-Tech Engineering Solutions Limited in Malta is looking to recruit a qualified Technician
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Working within a highly skilled team with a strong focus on inspection, testing, repairs and certification of equipment. You will be responsible for performing duties and supporting our operational activity. You will be responsible for performing duties working closely a team of other technicians, supervisors, and engineers through various assigned jobs. In addition, you would always need to adhere to company policies and procedures, EHS, good engineering working principles and the relevant regulations at all times. The position entails that you work at our main premises and on-site at customers.
- Responsible to carry out scheduled inspections, testing and repairs on equipment in a professional manner;
- Implement and follow work procedures, documentation and workflow;
- Be motivated to work with a team of Technicians;
- Work on-site at customers;
- Ensure that customer satisfaction and service levels are always maintained;
- Perform own risk assessment during works and consider the safety of others in the work area and environment performing the job;
- Communicate with all the relevant team members / other departments and follow all relevant inputs (people, plant and processes) to ensure outputs on-time delivery targets are achieved cost-effectively;
- Rectify any repairs on equipment, machinery with competence and skilfully to keep a high standard of maintenance procedures;
- Troubleshoot technical faults and by referring to technical diagrams and drawings;
- Record and write fault and work progress reports and record all the maintenance done;
- Be able to implement and promote 5S in the section and throughout the shop floor;
- Liaise with the Section Leaders on any improvements in work procedures;
- Responsible to work with tooling and instrumentation skilfully and ensure the proper use of the right tooling to carry out works and maintenance in a professional manner;
- Take care of the tools and instrumentation to avoid damages and loss of such tools and instrumentation;
- Ensure that tooling is always kept organised;
- Monitor own work efficiency and take any necessary corrective actions for improvement and help reduce any time loss to improve on workflow efficiency;
- Implement and understand health and safety procedures during works in progress.
- National Diploma in a technical subject and working experience as a Maintenance/Servicing Technician;
- Have an understanding of Quality Management and willingness to work to the highest standards;
- Ensure and belief in the 5S principles;
- The right planning skills to schedule routine inspection and maintenance on equipment;
- Be a people person who understands the needs of a teamwork environment as well as the needs of individuals;
- Be a positive problem solver and having the right attitude in resolving urgent customer requirements;
- Have strong coordination and organisational skills, be organised, agile and technically competent;
- Be computer literate and conversant with MS applications, especially MS Excel;
- Be confident in interpreting and understanding technical drawings, information and procedures.
- Although full training will be given, the applicant should have a strong engineering background commensurate with hands-on experience.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills and possess the ability to analyse problems rationally, provide solutions and implement actions within cross-functional teams;
- Previous experience within the manufacturing/servicing industry and possession of a driving licence B. Possession of licence C1 will be considered an asset.
- Have a good understanding of implementing Health and safety at work and proper use of Personal protective equipment.
- Work under pressure to handle enquiries under a busy customer environment.
- Handle enquires in a busy environment, by keeping a prioritised listing of outstanding tasks. Monitor & review workload schedule and communicate with Manager when issues are envisaged;
- Be disciplined and of a good example;
- Promote & maintain awareness and compliance of H&S in accordance with best practice and legal requirement.
- Works on his/her own initiative & operate under minimal supervision;
- Be assertive;
- Be accountable for assigned tasked;
- Responsible for his/her own time management;
- Supports management reporting, information flow and organisational planning;
- Empowers subordinates by delegating responsibilities;
- Is ultimately accountable and takes full responsibility for the outcome of the delegated work;
- Requires organization skills, confidence and attention to detail;
Pro-Tech Engineering Solutions Limited:
- The list of main duties and responsibilities appearing in this position description is not necessarily exhaustive nor is it necessarily in order of importance; nor is any part of this job description permanent or immutable;
- The job holder shall carry out his/her duties as directed by the job holder’s superior.
We are dedicated to offering clients a unique service where we place Quality, Reliability and Safety at the forefront of our business.
We provide the local industry with:
Pro-Tech Engineering Solutions Limited:
ProTech Engineering Solutions Ltd. was set up in 2002 and took off from a family owned business, well established as an industrial engineering services provider. We are dedicated to offering our clients a unique service were we place Quality, Reliability and Safety at the forefront of our business. We also pride ourselves in offering our clients high-quality lifting and handling equipment and related parts to cater to their individual requirements.
- Importation of quality lifting and handling equipment and parts;
- Inspection, testing and certification services on lifting and handling equipment as per Statutory Health and Safety legislation on accident prevention;
- Preventive Maintenance, Repairs, Refurbishment services on lifting equipment and other machinery;
- Marketing and sales of imported industrial equipment;
- Service, repairs, testing and certification of aviation ground support equipment and aviation tooling;
- Design and installation of engineered fall protection systems.