Alberta in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Technician to join their team on a full-time basis. This role is based in Mater Dei Hospital.
The aim of the Technician would be to diagnose and repair faults that may arise on all installations at both the customers’ and Company premises which installations may also be carried out on maritime vessels.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Test, wire, and commission systems, close job cards, and calls by tying workflow to schedule as per Company standards and clients requirements;
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions;
- Ensure that all equipment required is according to the job card, client exigencies, and system limitations;
- Compile timely and proper documentation for any service and installation conducted by completing necessary forms, reports, logs, and records as per departmental procedures;
- Provide clear handing over to the client and close off required paperwork at end of the visit;
- Make recommendations for improvements and upgrades to clients on-site and pass on proposals to sales executives;
- Carry out remedial repairs and preventative maintenance of CCTV systems, Security systems, Fire detection, and access control and associated equipment;
- Inspecting systems and their components to evaluate condition, identify repairs and recommend preventive maintenance;
- Informing the team Leader regarding the status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or execute accordingly;
- Preparing written reports as required by the Department manager and/or team leader;
- Participating in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned;
- Commissioning and handover of complete installations;
- Working from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures;
- Operate the Company vehicle in a safe manner and make proper use of the field automation systems;
- Cooperate with technical teams and share information across the organisation by using the right communication flows;
- Apply appropriately mannered communication skills with clients, colleagues, and superiors;
- Comprehend customer requirements, provide high-quality service and customer support during site visits;
- Build positive relationships with customers, apply excellent customer care at all times and oversee the preservation of both the clients’ and company’s property and equipment;
- Be aware of electrical, mechanical, and chemical health and safety issues, also understand appropriate manual handling techniques;
- Attend any training provided by the Company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly;
- Maintain customer’s trust relationship by keeping service information confidential;
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols;
- Any other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
- Knowledge and experience in the service field;
- Preferably MQF Level 5 Diploma or MQF Level 4 Certificate in Electrical/Mechanical subjects;
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in both English and Maltese;
- Possess a valid driving license;
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
Alberta exudes passion and continually strives to assist people within its field of competence – fire, and security. The company’s hallmark has always been one of excellence, with an unerring and consistent benchmark. Whilst continually striving to get things done properly and with due diligence, client safety and security always comes first. Alberta designs and provides the protection which clients require and feels privileged to have played a key role in offering security to clients’ families, homes, and businesses in Malta and internationally.
- Possess good communication skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Demonstrate confidence in his/her ability;
- Thorough analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Hold a respectful, courtesy and a positive attitude;
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service technical equipment;
- Able to understand technical diagrams and manuals;
- Familiar with mobile tools and applications.