Melita Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Technical Facilities Specialist
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Are you an energetic, hands-on technical person who wants to work in a fast-paced environment on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting? We are looking for a Facilities Specialist to serve as a technical resource and leader within Melita’s technical and data centres.
The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed the defined service level for technical centre operations. The ideal candidate is responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within the relevant facilities.
The candidate will assist in maintaining high reliability and performance while sustaining the support of mission-critical equipment and the target uptime of 99.999% or better. You will maintain, operate, and troubleshoot mission-critical technical centre facility equipment including the Electrical Infrastructure, Cooling Units, UPS’s and Fire Suppression Systems, which are managed by building management software.
- Ensure that all work performed within the space is planned, communicated and executed professionally with the utmost regard for high availability services running within the site for both internal/external customers;
- Plan and manage improvement projects;
- Supervise all aspects of the Data Centre's critical electrical, cooling and the physical supporting infrastructure;
- Manage site works, technical or operational staff on tasks related to the above;
- Develop, implement and manage maintenance plan schedules and processes with third-party suppliers ensuring adherence to documented SLAs;
- Ability to follow accurate and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries;
- Compile and maintain Data Centre access and use policies and emergency response procedures;
- Manage Data Centre documentation including equipment inventory, engineering drawings, as-built and other documents;
- Manage environmental resources, power distribution, safety and security of the Data Centre.
- An excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems involved in critical data centre operations;
- Ability to maintain SLAs through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting;
- Ability to prioritise, solve, analyse and take ownership of complex situations.
Melita is a diversified and advanced quadruple-play cable operator offering converged telecommunications services. Melita offers IP based digital cable TV, broadband Internet, fixed-line telephony, and mobile voice and data services. It also owns and operates an undersea submarine optical fiber cable; a co-location data centre built to Tier 3 specifications as well as a next-generation Wi-Fi service across the Maltese islands. Melita’s successful development since its launch in 1992 is evidenced by the presence of at least one of its services in 75% of all households in Malta.
- Advanced electrical or mechanical Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a relevant engineering discipline or 5+ years of experience working in data centres with an emphasis on building and equipment operation.