Malta Financial Services Authority is looking to recruit aSystems Administrator
on a full-time basis to join their team within their Information and Communication Technologie department. The Information and Communication Technologies function is responsible for all information systems and IT operations at the MFSA.
The selected candidate will undertake duties in relation with the implementation and administration of systems infrastructure. The primary job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementation, configuration and administration of IT systems;
- Writing and maintaining functional specifications and system documentation;
- Proposing improvements to systems and processes;
- Ensuring stable operation, availability, integrity and reliability;
- Follow disaster recovery plans and assist in business continuity provisions and exercises;
- Attend to scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities;
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Team Leader.
Other important information:
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in ICT but well versed in systems infrastructure including but not limited to: virtual machine infrastructure, Windows operating systems, e-mail servers, high-availability architecture, LDAP and GPO management, DNS and DHCP architecture, public and private cloud infrastructure and services, public key infrastructure, networking, routing and switching.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- Microsoft or Enterprise Infrastructure certification(s) would be considered an asset.
- You will also possess a minimum of four (4) years working experience in ICT in the area of systems administration. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage www.mfsa.com.mt.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.