Polymath & Boffin, Malta are looking to recruit a System Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis. The System Engineer will report to the CEO. The System Engineer will be taking over from the current administrator and will spearhead the development and release of our in-house data management system and web-based application.
System Engineer's Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Conducting regular system audits
- Running regular checks on the network and data security
- Collection of IT usage statistics
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Managing and reporting on an allocation of IT Budget
- Configuration and installation of IT solutions
- Maintenance of servers and Network Devices
- Maintenance and Installation of new PC’s and peripherals such as printers
- Report faults on and maintain systems such as PABX and G-Suite
- Helping and advising co-workers in identifying and resolving faults on physical infrastructure, cables, connections etc
- Assisting co-workers with everyday IT needs
- Setting up new users and management of security, passwords and backup
- Design, develop and implement data protection policies making sure that the company is in line with GDPR requirements
- Configure, expand and auditing of CCTV & Security system making sure that it is online and operational
- Coordinating with external suppliers of IT equipment and services
- Keeping software licenses up-to-date.
- Knowledge of database structures and optimisation
- Familiarity with G-Suite Applications
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive and proactive approach towards work
- Ability to work in a team as well as individually
- Ability to work on own initiative within a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
Polymath & Boffin:
Polymath & Boffin is a business development and outsources business management partner. Our core product: an analytical exercise composed of a sequence of tasks, that gives a business concrete direction based on facts and figures, to reach their market potential, optimise the use of available capital, and become investor friendly. This focus on business development, gives all types of businesses access to quantitative and statistical techniques, probably constituting to a unique offering, essentially giving business development on a corporate level a flare of investment banking. Our experience in business intelligence, analytics, modelling, and in preparing projects for investment, working with some of the most renowned institutions on the planet, allows us the confidence and credibility to undertake very demanding projects. We are humbled and grateful to our clients, for their trust vested in us, allowing for a record of great results to be achieved. We understand and respect that through our work, we are bridging the gap between corporates and investors, and this carries a great deal of social responsibility. Established in January 2011, amidst the World’s worst financial and economic crisis of recent times, times iconized by lack of access to credit and diminished consumer demand, we set our objectives at beating the tide of misfortune by assisting clients to capitalize on opportunities when everyone else was jumping ship. Values of social responsibility are routed within our core, which values constitute the entirety of our pride, and we feel it is best represented by our slogan: Ad Progressum Hominum.
- Familiarity with Zoho applications, in particular, Zoho Creator
- Experience in developing web-based applications
- Good eye for Design.