Alvogen Malta Group Services Limited in Malta is looking to recruit a Supply/Logistics Planner to join their team on a full-time basis. This position will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager, APAC
The Supply/Logistics Planner is responsible for the development and execution of the supply plan for the US market. This position will be responsible for translating the sales forecast into a supply plan for providing requirements to internal and third-party manufacturing sites, working closely with sites to ensure on-time delivery of finished goods, bulk, and API according to requirements, managing daily inventory requirements through direct coordination with other functional groups (not limited to Logistics, Procurement, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Sales, and Marketing). Relevant Serialization processes must be managed to ensure compliance with the FDA Drug Supply Chain Security Act. The Supply Planner will ensure best practices are leveraged in Supply and Inventory Management processes.
Primary responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
Qualifications, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Develop a supply plan based on sales forecasts and other planning parameters;
- Translate supply plan into executable purchase orders and stock transfer orders with internal and third-party manufacturers;
- Work with internal and third-party manufactures on a routine basis to deliver requested finished goods, bulk, and API inventory according to the scheduled timeline and quantity requirements;
- Organize transportation of goods with relevant forwarding companies in line with GDP;
- Optimization of the routes and schedules for road, air and multiple modes of transports;
- Participate in the development of the supply planning strategy and implement relevant elements;
- Optimize inventory/supply holdings to limit excess and obsolete inventory while ensuring the satisfaction of customer orders;
- Balance inventory requirements to minimize the potential for back-orders;
- Support the Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning Process (SIOP) through relevant metric reporting and summary of key supply/capacity constraints;
- Participate in new product introduction and product transfer teams and ensure supply plans are developed, communicated and executed in support of the project timelines. In conjunction with the Global Operations and Global Supply Chain teams, ensure policies and procedures are in place and documented which meet compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain concepts and best practices;
- Experience in Logistics and GDP procedures;
- Strong process and systems knowledge;
- Experience in the areas of Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Materials Management, Inventory Management, and Sales/Operations Planning;
- Experience with GMP, FDA and other regulatory requirements;
- A bachelor degree in Business Administration, or equivalent certification;
- Knowledge of SAP;
- At least three years’ experience within a similar role;
- Good command of English;
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
Alvogen Malta Group Services Limited:
Alvogen is the next generation pharmaceuticals company. Our business model ensures competitive advantage through focused in-house capabilities and a network of partners for enhanced speed and flexibility. By joining the Alvogen team, you will be joining a global network of people around the world. We all have the same vision – we compete, we challenge the status quo and we make new friends from around the world. Our respect and understanding of diversity and different views are what drives us.
- Business Focus;
- Drive for Results;
- Building Team Spirit;
- Customer Service;
- Embracing Change;