STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd is currently looking to recruit an Operator (Stores)
to join their team on a full-time basis. The chosen candidate will be handling material and spare parts at company stores.
The candidate will need to manage the forklift operation in the plant which entails:
- Loading/unloading material deliveries on a daily basis;
- Manage the chemical deliveries and chemical/flammable store appropriately;
- Co-ordinate with the scrap management team on deliveries to waste hut;
- Manage gas cylinder deliveries in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Organise/handle write-off stores.
Once received and accepted in the warehouse area, the candidate needs to move these items to the appropriate line storage areas.
The ideal candidates shall:
- Have completed secondary education up to Form V;
- Preferably possess O level passes in Maths and English;
- Have a technical background to be able to handle spare parts and equipment
- Be capable of using databases, excel, Microsoft tools
- Have good communication skills and have an analytical approach;
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of maturity, motivation, and initiative;
- Be able to work in a team;
- Flexible to work as required within the various warehouse sections;
- Able to work and accustomed to a warehouse environment and has to be able to manage normal warehouse operations;
- Able to identify any damages to outer packaging on deliveries and be able to highlight reserves on deliveries;
- Able to place orders with Hub suppliers;
- Manage FIFO and deliver material to the line;
- Ensure physical stocks available in the warehouse are shown correctly in the SAP stock management system.
*Candidates are expected to do lifting as part of their normal course of work.
*Interested applicants should send in strictest confidence a covering letter and detailed CV.
STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd:
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented. The Company has served more than 100,000 customers worldwide.