Valhmor Borg Import/Export Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Fork-Lift Driver
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Fork-Lift Driver
(warehouse operator) forms part of the Distribution and Warehousing Department. VBIE believes that the role of the day shift warehouse operator is crucial to the operational flow of the company. The various bridging tasks of the operator are intertwined with incoming shipments and the picking of products by the warehouse assistants. It is thus of extreme importance that the relevant tasks are executed in a timely and systematized fashion so as not to disrupt or delay deliveries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to sustain a working environment of -18 degrees Celcius;
- Able to use Cold Storage System confidently;
- Moves freight, stock, and other materials to and from the warehouse, delivery vehicles or containers, by hand or using fork-lifters/cages;
- Sorts products according to expiry dates on shelves – the ones expiring soon should be stacked in front to be picked up on a FIFO (First in First out) basis;
- Planning and organizing the stacking of products in chillers on a daily basis;
- Maintaining a highly organized environment in Dry Stores and Chill rooms;
- Ensures that all products are stacked and shelved in an organized manner at all times;
- Repair any lost cases that are detected while sorting/shelving;
- Extract product locations from Cold Storage System for picking;
- Enter chamber locations in Cold Storage Systems after products have been moved from one chamber to another;
- Check out of stock items as assigned by Departmental Manager;
- In Picking area sorts and stacks daily returns;
- Follows attentively any written and/or verbal instructions from his/her direct superior;
- Connect electrical equipment such as fork-lifts to power sources in order to be fully charged when need to be used;
- Deals calmly and effectively with high stressful situations especially during the peak season;
- Replaces any warehouse assistant and/or delivery person according to company exigencies and as directed by the Management;
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times especially when in the warehouse;
- Complies with Occupational Health and Safety procedures and in line with the company’s policy on such matter – ensuring that safety procedures are adhered to by maintaining cleanliness throughout the warehouse and the surroundings;
- Strict adherence to company confidentiality and professionalism;
- Attends training programs as instructed by the company, during or outside office hours.
- General good standard of education up to Secondary Level;
- Skills to opararte a fork-lifter;
- Good police conduct;
- Self-motivated, well-organized, good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to work on own initiative and meet deadlines;
- Applying a positive attitude of 'can do', 'right the first time', 'speed', and 'passion'.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this taxonomy. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This Job Description may be changed from time to time according to Company exigencies in which case, employees will be notified accordingly. In, addition, it is expected that employees carry out their duties efficiently and always promote good team spirit. Confidential Company information should always be handled with the utmost discretion.
Valhmor Borg Import/Export Ltd:
Valhmor Borg started operating in 1974 and the main activity of this business is importing fresh and frozen foodstuffs as well as wines. These foodstuffs range from dairy, desserts, poultry to meats and the business stocks in excess of 2000 SKU’s. The products are then sold to the HORECA sector through the use of a temperature controlled fleet of 25 refrigerated trucks. Moreover, Valhmor Borg, through Marsa Cold Stores Limited (also a group company) has a refrigerated storage capacity of over 2500 pallets. The Group purchased this entity in 2011 and through the use of various group synergies enabled the business to grow further over the past few years.