One of our clients in the manufacturing industry in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Purchasing Officer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Preparing purchase orders after verifying that items required are of high quality, according to specifications, whilst considering price and delivery times;
- Liaising with the Logistics Officer to ensure the most cost-effective method of transport;
- Following up purchase orders by communicating with suppliers to ensure goods arrive within their expected delivery dates;
- Sourcing of new suppliers to identify the best possible prices and shortest delivery times, whilst buying samples for approval;
- Liaising with the Logistics and Production Control departments to ensure that material is conformant with production requirements;
- Communicating with suppliers when non-conformances arise and generate monthly non-conformance reports for senior management.
- Diploma level in Management or a related subject (MQF level 4) or 3+ years of work experience in a similar role;
- Have good written and verbal skills in English;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP software;
- Strong organisational skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Reliable and keen to learn.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.