A new job opportunity as a Shipping and Purchasing Clerk is now available within the manufacturing industry. Your responsibilities will include:
- Placing orders with suppliers, after verifying required volumes and specifications, detailing price, quality, quantity, delivery date and any special arrangements which may be necessary.
- Ensuring that an adequate supply of material is present at all times and avoid excessive stock holding.
- Organizing the delivery of orders by evaluating different transport or shipping alternatives in terms of cost, time and reliability.
- Following up orders and communicating with the department concerned the expected delivery dates.
- Adhering to Company policy with regards to authority in committing Company funds.
- Keeping abreast with customs procedures and related legislation which may influence the price and timely delivery of purchased merchandise.
- Coordinating the haulage and delivery of merchandise into stores.
- Coordinating customs clearing and forwarding of merchandise.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar role is a must
- Fluency in Maltese is preferred. Knowledge of English is a must.
- Passionate about the shipping industry
- Able to adhere to strict deadlines
- Organized and possess an eye for detail
Job Reference Code: TH797