Our Client, a leader within the Hospitality Industry in Malta, is looking for a Purchasing Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
- To order all items against written purchase requests from the department head concerned;
- To order items from suppliers as directed by the Head of Procurement;
- To order against definite specifications on quality, weight and ensure that these specifications conform to the company standards;
- To compare purchase prices regularly with price lists and price levels of other suppliers;
- To ensure that adequate stocks are kept as per the established par stock levels;
- To be involved in stock takings of all items periodically;
- Lead by example and stresses attention to detail and efficient service;
- Manage the stores' team and monitor their individual roles on a daily basis;
- Controls and directs any suppliers or visitors coming in the premises;
- Be aware of firefighting, evacuation and security procedures;
- Be aware of the company’s conservation of energy saving policies;
- Co-operates with the team and members of management and be supportive and loyal to the company;
- To keep adequate records of purchase prices for each item regularly purchased;
- To maintain a monthly price index of the main commodities purchased;
- To liaise a purchase order for each item ordered, indicating on the order the quantity, purchase price agreed to with the supplier and specifications;
- To inform management immediately of any item that has increased substantially in price;
- Issuing of purchase orders and also assisting in surveilling the goods receiving area;
- To purchase direct and deliver to the company, items which are required urgently.
- A good standard level of education;
- Knowledge of materials control;
- Able to manage and lead a team of co-workers;
- Self-confident, efficient and well organized;
- Great verbal and written communication skills;
- Full flexibility in working in all areas of stores.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Quad is a boutique Human Resources Consultancy offering an array of bespoke services including recruitment, HR Advisory, Training & Development, Payroll Services and Salary Benchmarking and Legal Advisory, amongst others.