Foster Clark Products Ltd in Malta is looking for an Import Associate who is a highly competent individual specialising on importation to ensure full sustainable documentary operations, through the execution of sustainable programs with actionable and credible performance indicators. The incumbent will ensure the implementation of efficient and optimized transport management processes, aligned with external and internal customer requirements, and key objectives. In doing so, the Associate will apply a focused approach to continuous excellence programs and initiatives, as well as consistent adherence to quality levels and company targets.
- Obtain quotations as per import and service request from procurement Department;
- Perform Groupage / Container and Trailer bookings;
- Compilation of Import documentation for each shipment;
- Monitor, lead and support the import documentation function;
- Perform Surveillance & Licence Documents applications;
- Support Procurement Department to optimize logistic performance, mentor and influence team members to operationally function, whilst enabling high engagement and output from their assigned tasks;
- Expedite import shipments with Freight forwarders as per Planning Department needs;
- Update delivery dates within AX;
- Review respective delivery of documentation to ensure internal processing sensibility, thus avoiding unnecessary idle time at Malta Freeport;
- Monitor and highlight idle containers at Malta Freeport;
- Manage and coordinate Customs Brokerage process with subcontractor;
- Manage and coordinate priorities with 3PL hauler;
- ECTN and Trade Compliance Administration;
- Keeping track of KPIs and ensure achievement of target values.
- Identify the necessary competencies for personnel whose activities have an impact on food safety and establish means of assessment for effectiveness;
- Specify the importance of individual contribution to food safety and its impact;
- Ensure that the requirement for effective communication is understood by all personnel whose activities have an impact on food safety;
- All personnel shall have the responsibility to report problems with the food safety management system to identified person(s);
- Designated personnel shall have defined responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions.
Foster Clark Products Ltd:
With a strong tradition and a history dating back to 1889, Foster Clark is dedicated to developing and supplying quality beverage preparations and food products in the desert, baking products, and sauces and dressings sectors. As a forward-looking company with a strong history of success, Foster Clark is committed to researching, producing, and bringing to the market high-quality products that meet customer expectations in different regions, while continuing with our expansion through the globe. We are committed to our own people as we are to our customers, acknowledging that our success is a direct result of their qualities. We continue to strengthen our team in all areas of the business and offer excellent long-term prospects. Manufacturing and marketing high-quality food and beverage products in over 80 different countries, is the cornerstone of our success and the benchmark for all our operations and processes.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant and successful operational management experience within a fast paced export market/ business environment;
- Relevant operational experience at market/ business level, in the following areas:
- Import Documentation Formalities;
- Physical Logistics (DC-Operations);
- Customer Service;
- Carrier e-service platforms;
- UCP-600 and ISBP regulations;
- Trade Finance;
- Customs and Trade Compliance.