BigMat in Malta is looking to recruit a Stock Controller
to join their team on a full-time basis. Under the direction of the Financial Controller, the Ideal candidate will ensure that all inventory and stock management systems are maintained accurately, within the agreed parameters and in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Maintain the inventory system, such as; new stock cards, standard cost, selling prices, promotional pricing.
- Schedule and carry out perpetual stock taking to ensure accurate stock management and reporting. The process obliges working hours beyond office hours.
- Administers Stocktaking reports for adjustments approval.
- Ensure goods received records are processed correctly in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all established processes and controls concerning inventory are followed by all staff members.
- Report stock levels that are not within established parameters.
- Identify weaknesses or recommend improvements within the organisation with a view of improving processes efficiency and controls.
- Produce management reporting as requested such as; stock supply, stock valuation, replenishment levels, and slow-moving stocks.
Education and Licenses Required:
- The work is generally carried out in warehouse and retail outlet, with the need for office-based work.
- Typically work is full-time, with few irregular hours to carry out inventory counting while the operation is still.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualities / Tools & Equipment used in this position:
- Competent in operating Microsoft office; Word, Excel and Outlook.
- On the job training on processes, inventory system and POS system.
- Experience in a similar position would be considered an asset.
- Is in possession of at least A-level Accounting certificate or equivalent.
Big Mat Malta is the latest outlet to be opened as part of the first international chain of independent traders for construction materials. Created by the heads of companies close to their professional clients in 1981, BigMat has since shared the same values of being anchored locally and having a human dimension as the strength behind building SMEs. BigMat offers construction professionals and large-scale DIYers a range of high-quality building materials for new builds and refurbishment, acting as the main link in the professional ladder between the manufacturer and the end client. With over 820 sales outlets in Europe and a desire to grow sustainably in several countries, BigMat represents an unstoppable force in the construction materials market. It was founded in 1981 and up to 2013 had reached 415 members with 831 outlets in countries including Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Czech Republic, Belgium, Slovakia and now, Malta. In Malta BigMat, owned and operated by Attard Bros Group is taking its product offering to new levels and extending its portfolio to meet the needs of the Maltese household owner who wants to enjoy the satisfaction of doing things at home himself with the right equipment and materials.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- The ability to use and maintain office equipment.
- Stock management skills.
- Knowledge of warehouse organisation and procedures.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Written communication skills in Maltese and/ or English.
- Numeracy skills.
- IT skills.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Time management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A methodical and meticulous approach.
- Attention to detail.