Malta Public Transport is looking to recruit a mature, reliable and energetic Stores Supervisor
to join their team on a full-time basis within the Engineering Department. The Store Supervisor
must supervise the correct application in the stores; supervise the work of the storekeepers while attending the workshop needs in terms of parts, consumables, fluids, tools and any other material required to execute technical works to do repairs; and must perform administrative and organizational tasks in the department, following Stores and Procurement Manager Instructions.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
The ideal Stores Supervisor will:
- Purchase Orders recording, and approval following the approved Company levels of authorization for his/her position
- To assure the correct reception of parts and materials from suppliers by the storekeepers, and record it accurately in the system
- Daily verification of the Purchase Orders pending to be received, and reporting to the Stores Manager
- Execution of random checks with the periodicity established by the Company and under the Stores Manager supervision
- Supervise the work of the storekeepers, being responsible for the correct organization and cleanness of the Stores
- Modify and amend recording mistakes, on reception and issues of parts and materials
- Supervise and assure warranty process is performed accurately and correctly
- Administrative and organizational tasks assigned or delegated by the Stores Manager
- Fill out job cards or any other documentation related to the job to fully assure traceability on his/her work
- Ensure effective cleaning and organization of work areas and tools at all times, including hazardous wastes management
- Follow the company Health and Safety Policy
- Carry out other duties that can be allocated or delegated by Stores and Procurement Manager.
Malta Public Transport :
We are the national bus operator responsible to operate all public transport services by bus on the Maltese islands. We form part of an international network of transport companies present in four continents with over 40,000 employees. With over 120 years of experience in efficient management of urban transport as well as regional, national and international bus, coach and rail transport, our philosophy is to maximise on this international experience and adapt it to the local context wherever we operate, including Malta. As the national bus operator, we cover 30 million kilometres every year with our fleet of 406 buses and a team of over 1,300 people. In the past year, it is estimated that we carried around 40 million passengers, a significant increase when compared to previous years. Notwithstanding all of this, we are very well aware of the challenges we face and we are committed to improve the overall bus user experience and to provide a safe, credible and efficient bus service in Malta and Gozo.
- Have at least one (1) year of experience as a storekeeper
- Have an MCAST City & Guilds basic knowledge or being technically experienced on parts and materials
- Have the ability to control receptions and issuing of parts, tools and equipment
- Maintain effective work relationships with vendors, officials and employees
- Have good organizational & team management skills and problem-solving skills
- Be proficient (verbal & written) in English
- Be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.