Malta Public Transport, Malta is looking to recruit a mature, reliable and energetic Storekeeper
to join their team on a full-time basis within the Engineering Department. Reporting to our Stores Supervisor, the Storekeeper
will attend to our Engineering workshop needs in terms of parts, consumables, fluids, tools and any other materials required to carry out technical repair and maintenance works. The role will involve shift work including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Purchase orders and proposals
- Material reception from suppliers and proper allocation on their predefined shelves after they have been received in the Management Application
- Handling of materials to technical people to do repairs on any asset belonging to the company
- Control on the assets where parts are going to be used after exiting the stores
- Recording of issued parts in the Management Application
- Assist the warranty process for parts on new vehicles, properly labelling and storing parts
- Custody and care of stock, parts, common tools and equipment to be used in any of the functions of the department
- Fill out job cards or any other documentation related to the job to fully assure traceability on his work
- Ensure effective cleaning and organization of work areas and tools at all times, including hazardous wastes management
- Follow company health and safety policy
- Carry out other duties that can be allocated or delegated by Store Supervisor and Store Manager.
The ideal candidates will:
- Ideally, have a secondary level of education
- Be knowledgeable of automotive vehicle parts and accessories
- Be familiar with inventory principles and practices; proper methods of storekeeping, including the receipt, inspection, storage and issuance of supplies
- Have good record maintenance skills using a computer and related software applications
- Be capable of handling heavy or bulky automotive parts, accessories and equipment
- Maintain effective work relationships with vendors, officials and employees
- Be proficient (verbal & written) in English
- Be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
Malta Public Transport:
We are the national bus operator responsible to operate all public transport services by bus on the Maltese islands. We form part of an international network of transport companies present in four continents with over 40,000 employees. With over 120 years of experience in efficient management of urban transport as well as regional, national and international bus, coach and rail transport, our philosophy is to maximise on this international experience and adapt it to the local context wherever we operate, including Malta. As the national bus operator, we cover 30 million kilometres every year with our fleet of 406 buses and a team of over 1,300 people. In the past year, it is estimated that we carried around 40 million passengers, a significant increase when compared to previous years. Notwithstanding all of this, we are very well aware of the challenges we face and we are committed to improve the overall bus user experience and to provide a safe, credible and efficient bus service in Malta and Gozo.